Walmart offers a one-stop shopping experience by combining affordable prices with high-quality products and services. Among the services offered is the Walmart2Walmart money transfer. It allows customers to conveniently transfer funds from their current Walmart location to another Walmart store nationwide, including Puerto Rico.
As of 2021, there were reportedly 14.1 million unbanked citizens in the country who require a more affordable and convenient means of transferring money to family and friends. Walmart2Walmart money transfers offer a solution to this problem by providing a low-cost, fast, and reliable way to send money across the country.
Walmart has also launched an international money transfer service, Walmart2World, in partnership with Western Union, Ria, and MoneyGram. Walmart2World offers customers the ability to send money from their local Walmart store to any transfer agent location across 200 countries.
We will outline the many money transfer solutions Walmart offers and a step-by-step guide.
- How to Send Walmart To Walmart Money Transfer?
- How to Receive Walmart to Walmart Money Transfer?
- What are the Walmart to Walmart Fees?
- What is the Walmart to Walmart Limit?
- How to Track Walmart to Walmart Money Transfer?
- Can I make Walmart2Walmart Money Transfer Online?
- What are the Walmart to Walmart Money Transfer Hours?
- Why was my Walmart to Walmart Money Transfer Denied?
- What’s the Walmart to Walmart Money Transfer Refund Policy?
- What’s the Walmart to Walmart Money Transfer Customer Service Phone Number?
- Walmart To Walmart Money Transfer Summary
How to Send Walmart To Walmart Money Transfer?
The Walmart MoneyCenter will help you send a Walmart to Walmart money transfer and other financial services.
First, in most cases, the Walmart MoneyCenter open and close hours are 8 am to 8 pm Monday through Saturday, and 10 am to 6 pm on Sunday.
Then, you must be at least 18 years old to use Walmart2Walmart transfers. Eligible individuals can use cash and debit cards for money transfers at Walmart.
To send money through Walmart2Walmart, you must present one of the following IDs:
- US State ID or Driver’s License
- US or international passport
- US permanent resident card
- Military ID
- Tribal ID
- Mexican Metricula Consular
Alternatively, you can skip the line and use the Walmart app to make money transfers even more convenient. Once you’ve installed the app on your iOS or Android device, you can access Money Services in the Services menu. Then, simply click Send Money, complete the required information, and confirm the transaction at your local Walmart.
The Walmart MoneyCenter in-store has limited hours even if it’s located in a nearby 24-hour superstore. The MoneyCenter also offers services like buy now, pay later, Netspend cash withdrawal, pay with Apple Pay, and pay with Venmo in-store.
See our guide on Walmart return center close and open hours.
How to Receive Walmart to Walmart Money Transfer?
To get your Walmart2Walmart money transfer, you must check your nearest MoneyCenter. Bring the transaction reference number given by the sender who transferred you the funds. If your local Walmart doesn’t have a MoneyCenter, visit the customer service desk for more financial services like cashing a personal check or cashier’s check.
Once you provide the transaction reference number, you must present valid identification that must match the name indicated in the transfer. You will then receive the transferred funds.
The money transfer process takes no longer than ten minutes when the sender transfers funds to you.
It’s important to note that Walmart2Walmart recipient is paid in cash at their local Walmart store. The recipient has up to 60 days from the original transaction date to collect the funds. According to the Walmart return policy, the money transfer is returned to the sender if the cash is not collected within the 60-day limit.
What are the Walmart to Walmart Fees?
Walmart MoneyCenters charges affordable fees for financial services.
Here are the Walmart to Walmart fees to transfer money:
- $4 – Money transfers up to $50
- $8 – Money transfers from $51 up to $1,000
- $16 – Money transfers from $1,001 up to $2,500
What is the Walmart to Walmart Limit?
The Walmart2Walmart money transfers have a daily limit of $2,500 per person. The only exception to this rule is Arizona, where the transaction limit is only $499 per person.
Contact Walmart Customer Service at 1-800-925-6278 for more questions on the money transfer daily limits.
How to Track Walmart to Walmart Money Transfer?
You can track your Walmart to Walmart money transfer at your local Walmart MoneyCenter. The associate can follow the money as soon as you receive the money transfer tracking number from the sender.
Alternatively, you can track your Walmart to Walmart money transfer online too.
Here are three ways to track Walmart to Walmart money transfers online:
- Download the Ria app on the Apple App Store or Google Play to track your money
- Visit the Ria “Track a Transfer” section and enter your tracking number
- Visit the MoneyGram website and enter your tracking number and last name
In addition, you can contact the Ria customer service hotline: (855) 355-2144.
Here are some things to keep in mind for a safe Walmart2Walmart money transfer:
- Never send money to telemarketers or strangers.
- Don’t send money unless you understand the process. Contact the recipient first to confirm the best way to transfer money based on location, fees, and limits.
- Don’t disclose the money transfer tracking number to anyone other than the receiver.
Even though ESA dogs are allowed in Walmart, it may be easier to transfer money online using the Ria app.
Can I make Walmart2Walmart Money Transfer Online?
Yes, you can send a Walmart2Walmart money transfer online powered by MoneyGram. First, register and log into Walmart MoneyGram online. Then carefully enter the required information, such as the recipient’s exact name on their valid ID.
Once the transfer is complete, provide the receiver with the money transfer reference number so they can pick up their funds at their local Walmart MoneyCenter.
See our guide on Walmart MoneyCenter check cashing near me open now.
What are the Walmart to Walmart Money Transfer Hours?
The MoneyCenter department handles the money transfer in-store. The Walmart to Walmart money transfer hours open at 8 am Monday through Saturday, and 10 am on Sunday. The Walmart2Walmart transfer hours close at 8 pm Monday through Saturday and 8 pm on Sunday.
MoneyCenters typically open and close earlier than the Walmart store hours, especially at a 24-hour superstore.
See our guide on what time the Walmart Service Desk closes and opens.
Why was my Walmart to Walmart Money Transfer Denied?
There may be cases when Walmart2Walmart denies a money transfer. It’s usually because the sender has reached their daily money transfer limit or there’s a suspicion of fraud. Here are some common reasons why this may happen:
- The identification provided was insufficient.
- The transaction has not been completed yet. However, it can be checked using the MoneyGram Track & Receive tool.
- You did not visit an agent location; check here for nearby locations.
What’s the Walmart to Walmart Money Transfer Refund Policy?
Requesting a refund through the Walmart2Walmart money transfer is possible under specific guidelines.
Here’s the Walmart2Walmart money transfer refund policy:
- You cannot edit or cancel a money transfer once the receiver has received the funds you sent.
- You can get a refund if the receiver has not claimed the money within a holding period. Money transfer recipients have a 60-day limit to get their cash.
- If you wish to cancel or receive a refund, contact Ria directly through its customer service number at (855) 355-2144.
- Refunds can be issued through Ria via the original payment method, including credit card, debit card, or cash. If the account is closed or frozen, Ria will issue a paper check as a refund.
- Walmart2Walmart refunds typically take two and ten business days and seven to ten business days for a closed and frozen account. Once Ria receives the funds from the paying agent, it’s processed through the original payment method.
What’s the Walmart to Walmart Money Transfer Customer Service Phone Number?
Walmart has partnered with Ria, MoneyGram, and Western Union to make money transfer services possible locally and internationally. You can contact its partners directly for more information.
Walmart2Walmart and Walmart2World powered by Ria money transfer customer service number for questions is 1-855-355-2144.
Walmart2World powered by MoneyGram local and international money transfer customer service number for questions is 1-800-926-9400.
For Walmart2World powered by Western Union local and international money transfer customer service number for questions is 1-844-982-4287.
For general Walmart Money Center customer service questions, call 1-800-925-6278.
Check out our guide on Does Walmart Cash International Checks, Foreign, or Canadian?
Walmart To Walmart Money Transfer Summary
Walmart offers various ways to send money to your family and friends. For example, through partnerships with Ria, MoneyGram, and Western Union, Walmart2Walmart lets customers transfer money from one Walmart store to another nationwide.
In addition, transferring funds internationally is made possible using Walmart2World online and in-store. In addition, you can visit your nearby Walmart to donate eyeglasses, develop film and disposable cameras, printable documents, carpet cleaner rentals, get duplicate keys made, buy stamps, and auto services like a cheap alignment, refill used tires, oil change, or returning a car battery.
See our Walmart Pharmacy close and open hours near me.
TE PUEDE INTERESAR