Online jobs for a 13-year-old are difficult to find. Most young teenagers do odd jobs around the house or in the neighborhood. In the 21st century, and after the coronavirus, many will make money fast as a kid at home online.
- How To Make Money Fast as a Kid at Home
- How toMake Money as a 13-Year-Old Online
- 1.Surveys for Money via PayPal
- 2. GetPaid To Play Games App or Online
- 3. CompleteTasks for Money Online
- 4. EasyCrafts That Make Money
- 6. BestSite to Sell Books
- 7. GetPaid to Listen to Music
- 8. GetPaid To Watch Movie Trailers
- 9. GetPaid to Watch Ads on Your Phone
- 10. GetPaid for Your Photos
- 11. GetPaid to Read Books
- OnlineJobs For 13-Year-Olds Summary
How To Make Money Fast as a Kid at Home
Easy ways for a 13-year-old to make money nearby:
- House chores – vacuuming, laundry,
washing dishes, clean windows, and dusting
- Outdoor chores – cut the lawn, clean
gutters, clean the garage, organize the attic, or plant flowers.
– advised to get CPR classes
- Pet sit or walk dogs – do you love pets?
- Wash cars – watch some YouTube videos on
how to wash a car and buy some car washing products
- Lemonade stand – everyone does it at
least once in their life
- Paper route – you need to be an early
- Work for your parents business – your
parents can find some odd tasks
- Train other kids in a sport – many
parents look to arrange or pay other kids to play competitive sports with their
kids before games or practice.
Make Money as a 13-Year-Old Online
There are many online jobs for teens to choose from in our
guide. The online jobs listed can be
done in your free time, after school, or on weekends. You can find some online jobs for teenagers
that pay from the couch while others require more effort and legwork.
We have several ways on how to make money as a 13-year-old
Surveys for Money via PayPal
Survey Junkie is a popular online way for a 13-year-old to make money and be rewarded for sharing their thoughts. You take surveys for money and get paid via PayPal.
How to earn money on Survey Junkie
- Register for free – Build and update your
profile. Questions include your
interests, shopping preferences, and more.
- Match – Surveys will be matched to your
- Earn Rewards – Complete surveys to earn
- Get Paid – PayPal, redeem the virtual
points for e-giftcards, or direct bank transfers
Survey Junkie gift card options
Survey Junkie gift card choices include many top retailers:
- iTunes Store
You must be at least 13 years old to start taking free
surveys to make money fast. Taking surveys
is convenient since you can complete them from anywhere and anytime you have
downtime. Do it while sitting around,
waiting for an appointment, a passenger in a car, or many other free or boring
You can take surveys on your PC, tablet, or smartphone
Download Survey Junkie iOS app
Download Survey Junkie Android app
Paid To Play Games App or Online
Swagbucks app requires a minimum age of 13 years old to join. They encourage minors to seek a parent or guardian’s permission before registration, but it is not required.
It’s an excellent way for a 13-year-old to easily make money
and get paid from your couch or bed.
Swagbucks is a place to get paid to play games online or an app. You can have fun and make money!
How to earn money on Swagbucks
- Complete surveys and polls – Each online survey
takes around three to twenty minutes each to answer
- Download and play games online and apps –
Installs online apps on your computer, smartphone, or tablet. Some pay you for downloading while others
give you rewards when you complete a task or reach a particular stage.
- Watch videos – Watch the news or viral
- Use the Swagbucks search engine – Set
Swagbucks as your default search engine on your web browser instead of
Google. Search the web like you always
do and earn Swagbucks along the way.
- Enter competitions – Use some of your
Swagbucks to enter contests and giveaways.
- Cashback when shopping – Earn cashback
when shopping online. If you already
plan on shopping online, then buy through the Swagbucks site and earn
- Referral Program – Tell your friends and
earn Swagbucks when they sign up and receive a percentage of their earnings as
long as they stay a member.
How to redeem Swagbucks?
You can redeem Swagbucks points for store gift cards, Visa
prepaid gift cards, or get paid with PayPal.
Store gift cards include Amazon, Bath & Body Works, Chili’s, CVS,
Burger King, Domino’s, Dunkin Donuts, eBay, Google Play Store, Home Depot, iTunes
Store, Kohl’s, Lowes, Macy’s, Old Navy, Panera, Papa John’s, PlayStation, Sam’s
Club, Sephora, Staples, Starbucks, Target, TJX, Ulta Beauty, Walmart, and
Receive a $10 Swagbucks bonus by joining here
Websites like Swagbucks
There are alternative websites like Swagbucks that allow
ways for an 18-year-old to make money online.
Here are some sites with surveys for money to get paid with PayPal:
- FusionCash – Get paid with PayPal, direct deposit, or check.
- PrizeRebel – Get paid with PayPal, direct bank payment, gift cards, or Visa gift cards.
Join several online surveys for teens to increase your
chances. Your profile will determine
which ones you qualify for getting paid cash upon completion. In your research, vet only legit surveys for
Surveys That Pay Cash Instantly
Few surveys pay cash instantly to your PayPal account, but
most will immediately credit your user account.
In place of surveys that pay cash instantly, most survey sites wait
until your credits reach a minimum, like $10.
PrizeRebel processes and sends money with PayPal in 24
hours. It is one of the closest to be
classified as “surveys that pay cash instantly.” Though it’s not instant, it’s one of the
fastest paying sites. PrizeRebel has a
minimum cash payout of only $5 per transfer request.
Swagbucks is recommended by many as the best way for a
13-year-old to make money online, given their reputation. The trade-off is you won’t receive the PayPal
money instantly. The standard processing
time is about two weeks, which is still reasonably quick money as a teenager.
Tasks for Money Online
Fiverr app is considered one of the best microtask sites. It’s an online marketplace globally offering services and tasks starting at $5 per job, and rates can go much higher. If it’s a big project or takes you a long time to complete the task, then charge $20 or more. Find comparable competitor services to set your pricing. Fiverr will take a twenty percent commission on jobs that pay.
Someone hires a freelancer every 4 seconds on the
What kind of online jobs for 13 year old on Fiverr?
- Web designer
- Web developer
- Writer – people will pay you to write about your
hobbies, like esports or poetry
- Voiceover artist
- Art – draw pictures of people or pets
- Gaming skills
- Create logos on Photoshop
- Social media marketer – many adults need someone
younger to help them understand and maximize current social media trends and
How to do freelancing on Fiverr?
- Free sign up and create a profile
- List your skills and services
- Wait to get your first order
- Complete the order and deliver exceptional
- Get paid promptly upon completion
How to make a gig on Fiverr?
A gig on Fiverr is a great platform for a 13-year-old to
make money online fast.
You can complete hundreds of tasks for money online for beginners.
An alternative to Fiverr is looking at downloading apps like TaskRabbit for jobs around the house.
Crafts That Make Money
Etsy app is a great marketplace that allows online jobs for 13 years old. Many easy crafts make money on the platform. It’s like a gigantic craft fair with an endless list of inventions. As of 2018, Etsy had 2.1 million sellers and over 39 million buyers on the platform.
Etsy sellers under the age of 18 must use the payment service under the supervision of a parent or guardian at all times. All the financial information affiliated with the Etsy seller account must belong to the parent or the guardian.
Making and selling handmade goods on Etsy will help
teenagers learn valuable skills about commerce and making money. The skills are great building blocks for
Best things to sell on Etsy to make money as a teen
- Baked goods
- Bath bombs and salts
- Costume jewelry or beaded necklaces
- Creative headbands and bows
- Digital prints and photos
- Handmade kids clothing
- Penmanship to write wedding invitations
- Seasonal home décor
- Printable artwork
There is a long list of easy crafts to make and sell for profit
Use eBay to sell stuff online for cash like vintage items
from estate sales, flea markets, garage sales, thrift stores, yard sales, or
neighbors cleaning out their basement or attic in the spring. www.ebay.com
One man’s junk is another man’s treasure. See our article to pick up old appliances for cash with an interactive infographic showing recycle locations nearby. An alternative is to take some of that stuff and find scrap metal recycling near me with the best prices.
Unusually popular things that can sell fast on eBay
- Cords for electronics – power cords for
electronics or old phone chargers
- Gift cards for cash – some people
don’t like holding onto small amounts on gift cards. You can resell them on Raise.com.
- Remote controls for TVs – People will
toss an old television, but the remote works perfectly fine. Many look for a replacement or second
controller for their electronic equipment.
- Broken old electronics and appliances –
shockingly, there is a big market for broken electronics. Some people buy to fix themselves or for the
parts. If the appliances are
salvageable, then take them to a scrapyard.
- Rare Vintage Toys – list old vintage toys
worth money. In some cases, they can be
worth more than the original purchase price.
Occasionally, you hear about old toys worth millions.
- Used clothes – Unique and vintage
clothing from specific designers can garner some good money and typically
inexpensive to ship.
- Vintage Lego sets – The best Lego sets
will be complete and discontinued to get the highest price.
All items on eBay tend to get paid more money if you happen
to have the original packaging and instruction manuals. Listings on eBay consistently get a premium
compared to products without the original packaging.
A 13 or 14-year-old can use eBay under an adult’s
account. The adult will be responsible
for everything bought and sold on eBay.
An adult is defined as 18 years or older on the eBay site.
Download the eBay app and look under the selling tab to get an estimated range of what each item is potentially worth.
Site to Sell Books
BookScouter is the best site to sell books and make money fast. It searches over 30 sites that buy used textbooks and shows the pricing from highest to lowest. Simply submit the ISBN, and then BookScouter quickly searches all those sites, which saves you a lot of time. You then decide which place you like to use to sell your textbook. You’ll base your decision on price and if you already have an account open with the online book buying website.
BookScouter doesn’t have an age limit to use its
service. But we would advise anyone 13,
14, 15, 16, or 17 to sell books online under the supervision of a parent or
guardian at all times.
How does BookScouter work?
Best Way To Sell Books Online
- Carefully pack the book for shipping –
the book needs to arrive in the same condition listed online. You will take a loss if the book is damaged
- Accurate Describe Book Condition – Be
extremely accurate when listing the condition of the used book. List all flaws.
- Net fees – Know all your costs before
listing the item, so you make a profit. If
you’re buying the book from someone, know the exact cost. Accurately know the cost of the packaging,
postage, and any fees due to the online bookselling site. If you under-estimate your expenses, you may
take a loss instead of making a profit.
Paid to Listen to Music
SliceThePie pays you to write reviews for new songs. You will get paid to listen to music and then get paid via PayPal. With your help, the best artists and brands will move forward for radio placement and other marketing opportunities.
How does SliceThePie work?
- Sign-up to listen to music for money
- Choose a category to review
- Listen to a track of music
- Take a survey and write a detailed review about
what you liked and disliked about the song
- Rate the song and answer any additional
- Submit your review
- Request a PayPal payment after you’ve reached a
minimum of $10 in reviews
How much does SliceThePie pay?
The more music reviews you submit, the more money you will
be paid. The payment per review is based
on the quality of your reviews and your Star Rating. You will earn more money for very detailed
and well-written submitted reviews.
SliceThePie referral bonuses
For one year, after you refer a friend, you will receive bonuses when your friends get paid to listen to music. You both win.
Paid To Watch Movie Trailers
InboxDollars, founded in 2000, will pay you to watch
upcoming movies to earn money. Since
inception, they’ve paid users over $59 million.
Sites like InboxDollars is very similar to Swagbucks listed above. Consumers get paid to watch movies so users will share it with their friends online and create buzz.
How does InboxDollars work?
- Free sign-up – Input your email address, create
a password, and start completing your profile to help find the right online
- Confirm email address – Receive $5 after you
confirm your email address.
- Start making money online by watching upcoming
movies, completing surveys and polls, and much more.
How to make money on InboxDollars fast
- Get Paid to watch movie trailers
- Online surveys for teens
- Get paid to surf the web by making InboxDollars
your default search engine
- Get paid to clip coupons
- Get paid to read your email
How does InboxDollars pay you?
InboxDollars can pay you one of several ways:
- Gift cards
Paid to Watch Ads on Your Phone
Slidejoy is an Android app where you get paid to watch ads on your phone. Consider your phone an income producing asset.
Rent your phone’s lock screen and make cash and store gift cards. You will earn points every time you unlock your Android phone screen and watch an ad. They show an average of 60 ads per day.
Slidejoy app allows users who are at least 13 years old to get
paid to view ads and make money.
How does Slidejoy work?
- Slide Left – get info about the advertisement
- Slide Up – get another advertisement
- Slide Right – Unlock your phone
How does Slidejoy pay?
You can get paid when you have a minimum of $1 in your
Slidejoy account. They will pay you
either with PayPal, Square Cash, Google Play credit, or you can donate your
earnings to charity.
Free Slidejoy Android app download here.
Slidejoy is only available for download on Android phones at
this point and not iPhones with iOS. The
app has over 99,000 reviews with a rating around 4-stars on the Google Play
Paid for Your Photos
Selling your photos using a phone or camera is how to make
money online when your 13.
Licensing is a popular way to sell (monetize) your photos
online for publishers and anyone interested in using your images. You do not need to be a professional
photographer or have the most expensive DSLR professional camera to get paid to
Best website to sell photos
Are you wondering which is the best website to sell photos
online? Here is our list of the top 3
sites to sell pictures yourself for money:
- Adobe Stock –Started over ten years ago, formerly Fotolia, and pays photographers 20%-60%.
- Shutterstock – Online database has over 200 million images, music tracks, and video pictures. Accord to Shutterstock, they’ve paid sellers over $500 million worldwide. Pays contributing photographers between 20% to 30% for uploaded images.
- Alamy – Over 100,000 customers worldwide and pays 50% commissions for exclusive images. Non-exclusive images will be paid 40% of all sales. Alamy has over 195 million vectors, 360-panoramic images, video pictures, and photos for sale.
Small business photography that sells
The most popular types of photos your small business
photography should upload include:
- Cityscape – buildings, commuting, and daily
- Food – anything food-related, even dirty dishes
- Nature – trees, animals, skylines, sunrise, and
- People working – pictures of people doing
everyday tasks are very popular
- Tools – Indoor and outdoor tools and supplies
- Travel – Specific photos from local cities,
architecture, and attractions
Start snapping photos from various angles, lighting, depth,
and more. The best places to sell photos
online are looking for unique images and willing to pay more for exclusivity.
Paid to Read Books
Kids’ BookBuzz has online jobs for 13 years old’s to review books. It’s an excellent job for a teen or pre-teen if you like to read! Actually, they are looking for kids from age 5 – 18. The kids won’t get paid cash to read books, but instead, get to keep all the books as compensation.
Kid’s BookBuzz has over 30 book categories, including cookbooks, historical fiction, pop fiction, science fiction and fantasy, self-help, and more. Parents need to be responsible for researching each book before requesting it for your child for any objectionable content.
Reviewers remain anonymous, and only the first name and age
will be listed in the book review.
Good book reviewer rules:
- Research books ahead of time – It’s up to
the parent to research the books for young readers. It’s suggested to start researching a book at
Amazon or GoodReads.
- Stay an active member – You will be
removed from the book reviewer list if you don’t request another book after
- Be timely – Book reviews are generally
due the second Saturday of each month.
Choose a book with an appropriate deadline based on your schedule or ask
for an extension when needed.
- Self-authored – Do a little editing for
very young book readers but keep the meaning and voice the same. The reviews should still feel and sound like
it’s the perspective of a young reader whether they are eight years old or a 13
Even though Kid’s BookBuzz doesn’t pay you to review books
for money, you can still flip the books on BookScouter for cash once you’ve
finished the review.
Jobs For 13-Year-Olds Summary
Most online jobs for teenagers that pay will not make you rich or close to making six figures or seven figures. But, for most 13 years old’s, it’s a great side hustle and an entrepreneurial endeavor. You should probably pick a couple of online tasks to maximize your earning potential. Picks the online jobs that make sense for your skillset and available time.
Remember that making money is only half the equation. Learn ways to save money and start a frugal living lifestyle with a big impact saving your earnings.
to earn PayPal money
Most of the ways for a 13-year-old to make money is paid via PayPal or under the table. It’s possible also to receive a debit card or a check in some cases, but PayPal money is the quickest. You’ll need a parent or guardian to a teenager under 18 years old to set up for a PayPal Student Account. The guardian must act as the primary account holder.